The FCC has identified universal service as one of its key objectives. They believe in the principle that all Americans should have access to essential communications services (both voice and Internet). Universal service is also the name of their reimbursement fund and the category of FCC programs and policies that implement this principle. Universal service is a cornerstone of the law that established the FCC, the Communications Act of 1934.
In Rural areas:
- Post-secondary teaching institutions and medical schools offering healthcare instruction
- Local health departments or agencies
- Community mental health centers
- Rural health clinics
- Hub hospitals (less than 400 beds)
- School based clinics
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Mobile health clinics
How To Apply
The 10 Steps to join our Consortium and obtain USAC Healthcare Connect Fund reimbursement: First, the Consortium Candidate becomes familiar with the Healthcare Connect Fund program, including data requirements and benefits provided to members of the Lonestar Healthcare Communications (LHC) Consortium. (We’ll walk you through the information).